Friday, May 20, 2011

When the Sun Goes Down.....week 36

It had to happen sooner or later and Friday the 13th was the day.

The rain has stopped. Thank heavens, I was beginning to think that my numbered days would come to an end without ever offering me a bit of sunshine.

Twice this week we have gone into the forest, getting a major work out as we test our balance walking along fallen trees and do squats under others that at a glance we know will not support our weight. With some much rainfall in the last few months the mossy forest floor is like walking on sponge. This is always in the back of my mind , thinking if I fall at least it will be a relatively soft landing.



In between my time spent sitting in the sun (never thought I'd be writing that ) I've been busy getting the lodge ready for the new crew and packing away all our stuff.
Besides washing all the windows and floors, dusting every square inch and vacuuming all the nooks and crannies I've also been trying to stock the freezer with some cookies, cakes, squares and bread. Thought it would be nice to give the new chef at least a day to catch his breath before he had to start feeding the masses.
   At day's end, usually around 6:30, you'll find us sitting down at the crew's shack.
Here you can get maximum sun and minimum wind. Heaven. A cocktail (gin and tonic being my poison) before fixing dinner sitting by the oceans edge, the only sound being the lap of water, ranks right up there with morning coffee on the back deck. Priceless.



                       It's be a week of spectacular sunsets and calm evenings.













Till next week from the "Outpost",
Heather & Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment