Thursday, November 3, 2011

Outpost ~ BOO!

Our weather this week has been anything but boo-tiful. How appropriate that Friday delivered us an ominous looking sky. I say appropriate since I have deemed it the
Halloween Weekend” at the Outpost. What can we do way out here where there won't be any trick or treaters or a costume party to go to..... well there's always food, drink and movies. I had given the scary movie line-up a thought while we were out for the summer and I think I came up with a good mix. We're more into the classic horror movies, so I'll be curled up in the corner of the couch hiding behind my hands to be scared by Psycho, Scream 4 (not old but I like the series), The Exorcist, Halloween, Carrie and ending the weekend  marathon with a movie made for caretakers.......“The Shining”.

                                 Mike got in the spirit of things and made a devilish fire.



While my brain was thinking about movies I totally overlooked searching for any decorations I could find in the middle of summer with a scary Halloween theme. With a little searching and imagination the OP took on a spooky appearance.



                                                   A twist on the jack-o'-lantern.



                                    Time to get the party started...with a Black Widow.


One of our favourite types of meals is a variety of finger foods. Chicken wings, cheese & crackers, a couple of dips and spreads, some devilled eggs, pickled eggs and for something just a little sweet, lady's fingers.






Was this Saturday, Sunday or Monday? Each day has been looking much like the other.





                           All weekend I had the feeling that someone was watching us.





Mike's been after me to make him some pickled eggs......maybe Halloween was a bad time to ask.



                                                            Anyone care for a finger?



Nothing like sitting around with a friend sharing a glass of wine, some finger food and watching a good scary movie.


                                         Couldn't resist getting in on the action.



What a great weekend, but I think we are ready to watch a chick flick or anything with a bit of humour. Still can't shake that feeling that we aren't alone. Stange.


Till next week,
Heather & Mike



No comments:

Post a Comment