Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Bear Facts




The fact of the matter is when we know there is a bear roaming about in close proximity we are a bit more cautious. Walking about throughout the day I'll stamp my feet or sing a song, the latter is sure to send anyone or anything within hearing distance running. The fact that Mike goes out to the genny shed late every night is more worrisome and times like these I'll lend an extra voice to distill the quiet and make our presence known.

I look out the windows a hundred times a day and imagine my surprise when instead of seeing Al, Sam or One Horn, I saw a bear sleeping by the lone flower bed.













Just one  more......



We always enjoy seeing the wildlife up close and sometimes encourage their boldness but not with the bears. Earlier that day I had tossed out some rotten apples and carrots for the deer but before they came around this beast wandered by and gobbled everything up.

Till next time,
Heather & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment