Thursday, December 29, 2011

Outpost Week 16 ~ Deck The Halls




I'm not going to show you any pictures of the golden roasted turkey, creamy whipped potatoes with rivers of rich dark gravy flowing onto pan fried brussel sprouts with crispy bits of bacon and turnip with just a touch of brown sugar. You also won't see pictures of the homemade cranberry sauce or the fluffy rolls brushed with butter to give them a nice shine. You'll just have to imagine the plate of shortbread, gingerbread and slices of orange and rum cake.

What I will show you is a few more festive shots of the Outpost.

















Well maybe one picture of food.....fruitcake. I unwrapped it Christmas afternoon to enjoy with a cup of tea, another of our traditions, and if I sent this one out I would have to include a warning, 'must be 19 or older to eat'. It is very well preserved but oh so delicious.



Till next week,
Heather & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment