Thursday, April 28, 2011

Guess What....Company Again! Week 33

    Sunday seems the day for visitors. It was overcast and on the cool side so I hadn't been in a hurry to get dressed, as if I ever am, when I looked up from the computer screen to see a boat almost at the dock.We both rushed to put on "company clothes", check our hair. I let Mike go down to greet them while I picked up remnants of breakfast and put on another pot of coffee.

   Brian and Steve are RCMP officers out of Prince Rupert. During the summer months they make occasional tours of the lodges operating in Haida Gwaii. This was the first trip of the year and they had just dropped in to see how our winter had been.



    There are 3 men aboard the p/v "Lindsay", but the captain stayed behind, catching up on paper work I think they said. Coffee, cake and cookies again, glad I keep goodies in the freezer for times like this.
An hour seems the standard amount of time for these get togethers. An invitation to dinner if they were spending another night anchored in Tingley Bay but the seas were calm and they headed out later in the day.



                                           We really like their  "go fast" boat.



                                        We are still experiencing those low spring tides.


Weather permitting I walk the beach. Often I come across something interesting enough to add to my "beach tray" or at least take a picture of it.



   Whatever this is I don't think it was alive. It was still pliable and felt very much like jello, although it didn't wiggle and jiggle.



          This is what the deer come down to the beach to eat. When the seaweed is this fresh it actually
          looks quite edible.



                                                           "Well, where do I start?"



                              Just in case you were wondering, the Easter bunny did visit the OP.



Till next week from the "Outpost"
Heather & Mike









No comments:

Post a Comment