Tuesday, February 22, 2011

An Earthquake?.....Week 11

I think we just had a earthquake. Did you feel that?”
No, I WAS sleeping.”
The bed just moved.......didn't you feel that ?”
It was my turn to start the genny this morning. Not much time is wasted between jumping....well actually more like a roll, I never jump out of bed but I do jump into sweats, sweater and socks. Chilly. Still half asleep I slip into shoes and another jacket, I hate being cold. Each and every time I step outside (on my mornings) I am awed by the absolute quiet.
I notice a large branch laying on the ground which hadn't been there yesterday. It had been a windy night. A few good blows had the front windows vibrating.
Walk down the boardwalk than the path to the generator shed. Start up the genny, walk back, turn on coffee, go out again to basement,say good morning to the cats, feed them, back outside up the stairs and into the lodge.

It was that tree that I felt last night.....it shook the bed.”
Thought you said it was an earthquake, that you felt the earth....move.”
It did move but obviously it was the tree.”
What tree are you going on about?”
What tree? You were just outside and didn't see the enormous tree about 3 ft in diameter and 80 ft. long that fell ohhh...... 20 ft. from the back of the lodge?”
I'm not a morning person.
Till next week,
Heather & Mike




One tree, two trees, who notices when another one silently falls in the night.



Much bigger when you are actually standing on it.


                                 Now you really get the idea exactly how HUGH this tree it.

No comments:

Post a Comment