Monday, February 28, 2011

Just wait 5 minutes.....Week 17

A new year... fresh start..... clean slate..... a blank page.
I'm not one to get on the resolutions bandwagon, not to imply that I'm perfect but I am where I want to be, doing something that I love and enjoying each day.

The new year puts me more in the “spring” mode. All the decorations are down, (the tree did this on it's own) and are now packed away. Following this was a major clean up. How pine needles managed to find there way into the pockets of my sweatshirt, the sock drawer and in the fridge I don't know.

Leftovers from the holiday turkey and the new year's roast have been sliced, portioned and frozen for quick meals later in the month. Two big pots of soup were made the other day and they too will be frozen. The chocolates and nuts, cookies and squares have been ........eaten.

The feeling of spring cleaning continued in the basement. Five freezers jam packed in August are now showing signs of the many meals eaten. Time to take inventory and consolidate. And now there are three.
Outside we had propane tanks to change, an oil change to do and the battery in the “tinney” to be swapped out for a fully charged one. The water tanks get topped up and the boardwalk swept.

What a mixed bag of weather we have experienced in the last week.
Sunny and unseasonably warm,

     than snow.

For 2 days and 2 nights bit by bit small chunks of snow would slide off the roof and THUMP! You'd think it would just slide off the extremely steep roof in one big sheet, but no. THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!


Rain than sun washed away all the signs of snow.

Today our world has closed in on us. High winds, rain and hail.




I knew these gloomy days would come sooner or later. Time to start a puzzle. This is the first place we've been where there is room enough to actually leave my puzzle out on the table. Always knew the 18 ft long dining table would come in handy.

Till next week,
Heather & Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment